When everybody is going long, why not go short! 2020 is all about embracing changes and what better way to do it than by cutting your hair short. Contrary to popular opinion that short hairs can only be styled a certain way, there’s so much freedom in short hair. In fact, it is so amazing how versatile short hairstyles can be, especially those gorgeous short hairstyles for African American beauties whose hair are naturally thick and dense. Whether you want to wear your short curly hair with natural textures or straight and smooth, the options are endless for every texture. And the best part is that short hair not only requires less time to style but also keeps you cool in summers and is an excellent way to express your personal style and attitude. So join the ‘’short hair, don’t care’’ club already!
To get you started, we have picked some of the best short hairstyles for a dramatic change in 2020. Get ready to be blown away by these mesmerizing short hairdos!
- Extra short natural hairstyle for black women
This super manageable Teeny Weeny Afro hairstyle is for those who want to embrace their natural coiled hair and at the same time look chic.
- Curly Tapered Cut for natural hair
This short natural African American hairstyle is a fun way to incorporate curls and texture. The tapered cut tames the voluminous springy tendrils so that there’s just enough fullness.
- Side-Parted Pixie Bob
Straight short hair teamed with a deep side cut is always a classy choice.
- Stacked and steeply angled black bob
Cutting your hair edges at a very steep angle with stacked but blended layers gives you one of the edgiest short hairstyles. Subtle highlights or solid color goes well with it.
- Neat Feathered Pixie cut
The short pixie with feathered layers is a very confident choice.
- Sexy waves and undercut
A long wavy top and a sleek undercut promise an outstanding hairstyle.
- Springy short cut for kinky hair
You can style your ethnic hair in these well defined tight curls.
- Choppy pixie hairstyle is another cool yet cute hairstyle for short hair
- Cute hairstyle for short hair
Try this short edgy red bowl-cut if you want to make a big statement with your hairstyle.
- Short black hair can be styled by coloring it blonde and letting the roots grow out, creating shadow like effect. The deep roots against the platinum blonde are totally trendy.
- Love super short black natural hairstyles? Then choose this androgynous look next time. Shaved at the back and sides, this style embraces kinky curls and coils.
- Short Natural Curly hairstyle
Choose a pixie cut and keep your curls natural. For an edgier look, define your faux hawk with a shaved line or colors.
- Short Undercut with textured top
The smooth undercut and the layered top creates a contrast in textures, giving your haircut effortless style.
- Tapered Pixie with long jagged bangs
This asymmetrical pixie cut with long bangs accentuates the jaw line, making the face look slim and the volume of the style balances out a fuller face.
- Sleek your natural curly hair back and make a curly half up top knot for a simple cute look.
- Soft and Flowy bob for a cute short hairstyle.
The classic bob is a favorite short hairstyle for black women because of its rounded shape and flowy, soft layers.
- A voluminous pixie cut is another cute hairstyle for short hair
- This black short natural hairstyle with frizzy curls in a modified afro hairstyle will draw many admirers. The deep side part gives a cute asymmetry into your look.
- Short natural African- American hairstyle
This cute pixie with a lot of curls looks edgy and sassy.
- Short natural curly hairstyle for Black Girls.
Let your mane roam free with a well-groomed hairstyle for short curly hair that looks amazing especially on natural hair.
- Beautiful black short curly hairstyle
The asymmetrical choppy bob with spiral curls is a classy modern hairdo.
- Punky Pixie Cut
This cute short hairstyle enhances the model’s natural beauty and requires little to none maintenance.
- Blunt bob with messy surface layers.
The tousled layers give it the volume and the blunt ends give it the edge. Brighten it up with highlights.
- Jagged and angled bob
Longer in the front and shorter at the back, cut your hair at an angle with irregular layers throughout. Shape loose waves and alternate different colors between your short layers.
- Styled Finger Waves and Curls
This captivating short natural African-American hairstyle is fit for a diva especially when done up in shades of red.
- Short and Sassy look
This playful haircut styled in spikes in the centre and shorter sleek sides is guaranteed to be a trend-setter for years.
- Cute short hair style
For those with fine hair and doesn’t want to cut your hair too short, go for a silky straight bob.
- A straight bob cut can also be turned into this chic wavy blunt bob with bangs.
- Colorful Short Hairstyle for Black Women.
Make your old-fashioned pixie much more exciting by adding a few colorful strands.
- Short Blonde hairstyle for Naturally Curly Hair.
Can’t help but love these silver curls on darker skin! The short frisky haircut only makes the whole look so much fun!
- Super Short Curly Hairstyle.
With this cute yet edgy hairdo, show off the flawless shape, contrast of textures, and your beautiful bone structure.
- Brush your curls out to create this glorious short natural African American hairstyle.
- Razor cut short hairstyle
You can pull off any outfit in this simple short hairstyle like this razor cut pixie.
- Wavy Layers
This wavy layered bob is so simple and chic. The natural black base +blonde color=Dope!
- Curly bob with curly bangs is a cute hairstyle for short hair and round faces.