The impact of the Coronavirus outbreak is seen in almost every sector across the world. People are carrying on with their lives, as it becomes clear that the deadly virus will not recede anytime soon. Despite it, it will take nearly months to adapt to the new normal. According to the Newsbreak survey, 33% of people will not be using ride-sharing services due to safety concerns. On a positive note, people have to accept the use of ride-sharing services. It would be only a matter of time before our streets are flooded with vehicles, just like the pre-COVID-19 period.
With necessary upgrades and precautionary features in the bike taxi management software, entrepreneurs can give a tight competition to the top players in the bike taxi app market. This blog covers the major survival tactics to adopt during the post-COVID-19 period.
Changes undergone by the bike taxi sectors
- Rapido is offering its customers half-face helmets instead of full-face covered helmets. They believe that they can reduce virus contraction through these helmets.
- The captains(drivers) have to clean the rider’s seat and other frequently touched places before every ride.
- “To keep our employees away from any harm or health hazard, the employees are requested to follow the safety regulations and precautionary measures as issued by the Ministry of Health and the World Health Organization,” said the popular bike-taxi company, Rapido.
- Ola bikes, the competitor of Rapido has also issued its own set of regulations to maintain the safety standards for the customers. They have been issuing the safety kits for their employees to curb the virus spread.
- CDC states that the virus contraction is comparatively minimal in open areas. So compared to taxi rides, bike rides offer a safe environment for the commuters. It is one of the main reasons contributing to the stable growth rates in the bike taxi industry.
Advanced features to include in Biketaxi app development
Some of the major challenges faced in Biketaxi app development are mainly due to security issues related to ride-sharing.
- Same-gender matching: With the increase in harassment cases, female users are hesitant about traveling with male riders. The same-gender matching feature will only allocate female riders with women drivers. So this will be essential to resolve security-related issues.
- Verification: A thorough verification process will be conducted for every driver during the enrollment process. They have to furnish documents related to previous work experience and documents related to ID. It would be verified thoroughly before allowing the driver to be a part of the app’s services.
- Optimized route: Fastest route without any roadblocks must be offered to drivers so they can accept the customer request and offer services instantly.
- Driver selection: Popular taxi-hailing services such as Uber and Ola do not offer the driver selection option. It would act as an added advantage and set your app different from the rest.
Features to include in bike taxi apps amid Covid-19
Customers’ trust can be regained by incorporating safety features into a bike taxi app development solution. At the same time, riders’ health is equally important, so the features have to be upgraded for the best interests of riders and customers.
Face mask scanner: Most governments have made it compulsory to wear masks to curb the spread of the virus. The software has an Artificial Intelligence-powered mechanism to verify whether the riders have worn safety masks.
Hygienic methods: Customers’ safety and trust are of the utmost importance at all times. The riders and commuters must abide by the safety rules before accepting each customer request.
Safety first: The requirements of PPEs prove to be crucial not only for riders but also for customers. The app should make it mandatory for customers to wear a face mask and ensure that they are free from COVID-19 symptoms before booking services. A questionnaire related to the symptoms can be answered as part of the safety verification process each time customers book a ride.
Updated route: The route is optimized to travel only using the COVID-19-free zones, ensuring complete safe rides to customers.
Factors favoring bike taxi apps over other rides
- Experts believe that virus spread would be comparatively less in open areas, compared to closed areas. This is why Ola and Uber have already issued an advisory of rolling down the window glass. Bikes offer safer means of rides than taxis during this unforeseen situation. So, this can add up to the demand for bike taxi apps.
- People are looking for the fastest modes to travel to reach their home quickly amidst the COVID period. Bikes can evade traffic congestions and offer the fastest modes of transportation. Especially during rush hours, bike rides can come in handy.
- The bike rides cost less than taxi rides; Hence, bike taxi softwares offer a more economically-viable solution to customers.
- In populated countries like India and China, bike rides would always prove to be the most preferred means of travel than other four-wheeler rides. This is one of the main reasons for Rapido and Ola Bikes to launch their services in India.
Pointers to consider before launching Bike taxi apps
- Target Audience: It would be safer to launch that app in areas where competitors’ bike solutions strive. Customers will be used to bike taxi apps, so the chances of your app’s success would be high.
- Feature-rich app: Unique features would always be an added advantage. These features will act as leverage for customers to prefer your app.
- Safety: Certain aspects such as speed regulators, alerts when disobeying traffic rules can be helpful in guaranteeing safe rides.
Though the Coronavirus outbreak has resulted in mild setbacks in the transportation sectors, it has also increased the scope for solutions such as bike taxi software. According to Mordor Intelligence, the Asia-pacific bike taxi market is expected to witness a CAGR of 25% between 2020-2025. Entrepreneurs can launch their app in ideal countries after reviewing the prospects for bike taxi apps.