Microsoft is mainly known for its Office software and Windows Operating Systems. However, the franchise has several more products that consist of online services like Bing, MSN, advertising, gaming like Xbox, hardware like PCs, keyboards, mouse, tablets, etc. They also offer the widely recognized and lucrative Microsoft certifications, which is highly beneficial for those who are looking for career growth.
Once you have gained an IT certification through Microsoft, it demonstrates that you have complete knowledge of that specific IT domain. Also, gaining an IT certification might increase the chance of getting a job. Moreover, Microsoft certification increases your chances for promotion by 80%! It is also beneficial for work-related and personal development.
In this article, we will give you an overview of Microsoft certifications and the career paths of various Microsoft certification programs.
Overview Of Microsoft Certification Program
Microsoft online courses are distributed into seven categories.
- Business Applications: This particular certification focuses mainly on Microsoft Dynamics 365 platforms and technologies for Sales, Customer Service, Trade and Distribution, financial management, trade, retail, field service and talent.
- Cloud Platform and Infrastructure: It encompasses Microsoft Azure, Windows Server 2016, machine learning, cloud data platform solutions, software-defined data centres, data analytics and big data, private and hybrid clouds, server infrastructures, etc.
- Core Infrastructure: This category of Microsoft certifications mainly focuses on storage, virtualization, system management, networking, identity management and modern data centres.
- Data Management and Analytics: This category deals with machine learning, business applications, business intelligence and data management and analytics, along with Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and several other Microsoft database technologies.
- Mobility: This category is for end-user and desktop topics which consist of Windows 10, working with System Center Configuration Manager and Intune, desktop and enterprise applications along with planning for and managing devices under enterprise settings.
- Productivity: This brings the MOS (Microsoft Office Specialist credentials to use with the ones that are related to Microsoft productivity offerings like SharePoint Server, Skype for Business, Exchange Server along with Office 365 identities, requirements and services.
Credentials Obtained Via Microsoft Certification Courses
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
Related Jobs and Careers
IT Professionals who have been able to earn the Microsoft certifications often have a greater chance of being hired. They are expected to enjoy better on-the-job success and promotional opportunities.
The companies who do a large volume purchase or subscription agreements with Microsoft often include funding for official curriculum training and vouchers for Microsoft certification courses.
Training and Certification Preparation Materials?
Microsoft certification training is offered directly to the candidates in the classroom as well as online. The Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA) is an excellent place to start. This provides a vast range of training courses.
Koenig Solutions, Microsoft Gold Partner since 2014, provides Microsoft Certification courses all over the world. They have more than 25 years of experience in the training industry, along with a team of more than 1000 trainers worldwide. Also, you can find more than 100 popular Microsoft courses under one roof.
Koenig Solutions offer live virtual classroom training sessions to the candidates. They even provide 1-on-1 training with the flexible date and four-hour time slots.
It has been 22 years since Koenig Solutions have been partnering with Microsoft. They offer training for all the major certifications that consist of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform.
Adding certifications and training that you have been doing on a specific domain adds a boost to your résumé and helps you to stand out from all the candidates. However, the value of your résumé increases, even more, when you have earned the certification from a reputed organization like Microsoft.
Microsoft Certification courses are the most popular courses worldwide. Several companies have partnered with Microsoft and earning these certifications is necessary to get hired at that particular company. Also, these certifications and training help you in personal development apart from work-related development.