The roof is an integral part of the home, protecting your home’s interior from the external elements. You depend on it without realizing it. It increases energy efficiency, protecting your home’s surface. Moreover, it provides an overall aesthetic appeal to your home. If your roof fails, it will be a threat to your entire home. Have you ever thought what will happen if a large tree limb crashed in your attic during a thunderstorm in the middle of the night? How will you protect your home in an emergency? What if the roof shingles are broken, and the water starts seeping in?
There is no such thing as a little leak. Throwing pans and pots under the leaking spots is not a viable solution. If something happens to your roof, you need to know how to handle the situation and save yourself. Here is a complete guide on how to handle the emergency roof repair.
What Does Roof Emergency Include?
Most of the roofing experts refer to an emergency to be anything that can cause damage to the actual structure of your roof to let a significant amount of water into your home. It doesn’t mean if you have a few drops in an hour, and you call it an emergency roof situation. A consistent drizzle that can cause internal damage can lead to the growth of harmful molds.
When it comes to emergency roof repair, one person’s definition may not be the same as someone else’s, especially when it costs a fortune. The water leakage can wear down the insulation, leading to the wiring and creating a serious fire hazard. Before you know how to deal with emergency roof repair, educate yourself about emergencies.
- High winds and accumulation of debris that can damage or remove the large sections of shingles and flashings.
- Any collapse in the roof’s structure.
- A large tree limb or debris that penetrates a portion of your roof.
- Damage to the roof due to an internal fire that has weakened it internally.
- A thunder lightning strike caused visible damage to the roof.
- A leak that is not getting fixed by the patches and gradually growing in volume.
It is a very daunting situation to move your bed in the middle of the night to avoid the leaking water. You can get benefit by hiring Roofing Inspectors Reston to provide help in an emergency roof situation. However, HighFive Listings can help you find the best local roof inspectors, companies, and contractors in your area during an emergency.
How to Deal with Roofing Emergency?
Responding to a roofing emergency entire depends on what type of emergency you are dealing with. For instance, a tree limb hanging in your living room and calls for more than pots and pans. Whatever the type of emergency you face, you should assess whether it is a threat to your and your family. If you have visible damage that cannot be treated with DIY repairs, immediately call in professional roofers. It is because a few things are just not DIY material.
If you see that the water is pouring in the home, turn off the electricity as soon as possible to prevent the exposure to live wires. However, if it is your first experience, don’t call the insurance company yet and contact licensed Roofing Inspectors Restonto help you with emergency roof repair services. A professional can inspect the situation and estimate the damages giving your repair suggestions. If the emergency is not big, you are not in danger and can temporarily get it fixed, but make sure to plan a permanent fix to prevent future damage.
- Quick Inspection: When you face a roof emergency, you need to inspect it quickly without waiting for anything. If you think you can inspect the damage on your own, it is the best; otherwise, do not wait and hire a roofing expert instantly.
- Temporary Fixes: It is one of the most important things to avoid any further damage to your roof and other interior and exterior household items. You can add a protective cover or a temporary roof to prevent further damage to the internal and external structural damage. Make sure to shift the furniture from the place where water is seeping in.
- Preventive Measures: For the emergency like water damage, it is essential to take precautionary measures. If the damage has caused a puddle of water, it should be immediately removed. Don’t let the water accumulate; otherwise, it will further damage the roofing system. It can lead to the growth of mold, etc. Moreover, it can become a favorable place for insects to grow.
Hire Professional Roofers
Accidents and unfortunate incidents are associated with roofing. It is damaged, that is why it is always recommended to hire professional roofers to handle roofing emergency. Unless you have experience and the right equipment, it is better to let a professional repair your roof. The expert roofers are experienced and trained. They know how to handle the roofing emergency. Moreover, they carry the right tools which are required for roof repair. The professional roofers can spot the issues quickly and can also provide a quick fix.
Besides, the expert roofers are fast. Due to their experience, they can help you get rid of the problem within no time. The professional roofing company will send their experienced and trained workers to provide you with stress-free roof repair services.
If you try DIY roof repair, there are higher chances that you can hurt yourself. Moreover, experts are 24/7 available. So, if you face an emergency in the middle of the night, there is nothing to worry about. All you have to do is search online for a reliable emergency roofer, and he/she will be there within no time. You can find the reliable service provider in your area by search on any local business directory listing site such as HighFive Listings. These sites allow you to locate the best service provider in your area with any hassle.