There is a difference between masterbatch and raw pigment. They have preferred the coloring of the polymers. In addition to that, the masterbatch is encapsulated by polymers. It has features of some particular concentrations of pigments and additives. In addition to that, there are several reasons to consider the masterbatches compared to the raw pigments.
- The masterbatch comes in the form pallet. Due to it, you will not face any problem in storing. On the other side, when it is a matter of keeping the pigment, you may face difficulty managing it. The reason is they come in powder form.
- The masterbatches are easy to handle while the manufacturing process.
- The primary purpose of designing the masterbatches is optimal dispersion, specifically in the polymer matrix. It gives a worthy color distribution to the products.
- Masterbatch provides the best color consistency to the product as compared to raw pigments.
- It is pretty easy to match with the binding agent used in the masterbatch.
There can be additive ingredients included in the masterbatch in predetermined ratios. Due to it, there are fewer chances of variance during the process. Not only this, but additive concentrates are also present in a masterbatch for delivering the advantage traits. It includes flame retardancy, UV stability, chemical resistance, optical brightening, and so on.
If you use that product that used the masterbatches, you may have the worthy control of opacity. In other words, these offer reliable meaning to polymer colour. When you search the products of it, then you will surely get the wide variety of products which are related to it.
In addition to that, there are several types of masterbatches available which you can consider. These include white masterbatch, black masterbatch, additive masterbatch, color masterbatch, and special effect masterbatch.
Each masterbatch has different advantages. If you want to dose the expensive products, then it will provide high accuracy for sure. These are solid crystals and do not contain any solvent.